Friday, November 21, 2008

What we do to make ends meet!!!

So I started my new job this week. I hate working outside of the home. I am a waitress a few nights a week at Souper Salad. So far it OK as far as work goes, it is really hard juggling the kids and school and working with no husband. It is just for a short while and it seems like my daily motto is I can do anything for a month.... I can do anything for a week... so on.

My kids are enjoying school and doing really well. They all have made little comments on how they wish they could have it both ways... School at home but the ability to have "public school" friends. It is just hard because kids in school have their own little social world and in order to "fit in" you need to be there. It is nice to see they have all made the transition nicely.

I do like that they get to make friends and when I home schooled in Utah that wasn't an issue because we did a co-op and all their other friends were cool with the whole homeschooling thing. Arizona is definitely different. Mikayla and Bailee were definitely shell shocked at the way most teenagers talk. Bailee said (Oh so innocent)--"Mom, the f bomb is their go to word!! I can't believe how many times they say it!!" She is very forward and tells them to please not say those kinds of things in front of her. She is a much better person then I. I am more like Mikayla just go with the flow. I have been very proud of both of them.

No comments:

Some updated Pics